PSD TVET in Azerbaijan
In Azerbaijan, PSD TVET program works in the following sectors relevant for employment – tourism and agriculture. Based on needs assessments for skilled personnel in micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSME), we identify qualification offers appropriate for the selected value-chains. We support our public and private partners in jointly developing and implementing formal and non-formal training, including dual TVET programmes. We strive to promote sustainable and inclusive business models among MSME.
In TVET, we strive to achieve:
- Developing labor market oriented curricula for long- and short-term trainings in the selected sectors;
- Introducing practical-oriented learning methods and suitable management principles;
- Piloting of Dual TVET system elements and training or apprenticeship programs in Azerbaijan based on private-public sector cooperation;
- Support in designing government policies and regulations for TVET development for better employment in the country;
- Better aligning VET to labor market needs;
- Capacity development for TVET personnel in the selected sectors;
- Capacity development for career guidance service providers.
In agriculture sector, we support:
- Capacity development in agricultural extension services provision;
- Development of handbooks/guidelines for small scale farmers;
- Development of training modules in green house and orchard management;
- Small and medium sized wine producers in improving business performance;
- Development of a portal on production of wine and viticulture in Azerbaijan;
In tourism, we contribute to:
- Promoting rural tourism and engaging rural population in tourism activities in selected regions;
- Promoting cooperation between actors of rural tourism value chain;
- Developing and promoting tour products for introducing German heritage in Azerbaijan as a destination for international niche target markets;
- Identification of vocational training needs of MSME in selected regions;
Linked to the “Private Sector Development and TVET in South Caucasus” program – an additional project is being implemented in Azerbaijan:
“Establishing dual-like VET pilots in agriculture and tourism in the Gabala, Ismayilli and Gakh districts” (ED VET) (co-financed by the EU, duration 2017-2020). The purpose of the project is to support the modernisation of the Azerbaijani system of vocational education and training by providing assistance in developing and introducing VET qualifications and curricula based on private sector needs using a cooperative approach.